Gear & Pricing
Our Tricaster is ready to hit the road. Our package starts at $850/Day and includes everything you need to make your multi-cam production a success.
- HD Tricaster TCXD850
- Control surface/Punch Board
- 2 LCD 23" DVI Monitors
- Keyboard, Mouse, Cables
- All components come in portable cases for security, storage and convenience
Outboard audio package with mixer is available for an additional $75
Summary: Whether it's in the studio or on-location, we offer a wide range of multicam packages to suit your production needs.
- Fast and ready pre-wired studio sets
- Mobile Control Room
- Realtime Webcasts & Webinars
- Satellite Media Tours
- Live Stage Events
- And More
Additional equipment, crewing, pre-pro and post production options
- Turnkey multicam production includes creative management, crewing and post event processing
- Can be installed within our Mobile Control Room
- Can provide multiple cameras or be the agent for sub-rentals for a complete choice any camera requirements and all production support gear
- Delivery, set-up and strike services
- Grip and lighting support
- Production management services
- Full crewing provided for all positions required for a full production event
- Custom graphics creation and file loading services
- Video file conversion, encoding, conforming and file loading services
- Complete post event processing, including show retrieval, editing, Internet conforming and archival services
- 1) LIVE PRODUCTION INTERFACE allows you to connect up to eight HD or SD cameras, digital or analog audio, and take your production live with the power to simultaneously broadcast, live stream, project and record.
- 2) LIVE DESKTOP MONITORS let you arrange and select shots with confidence. Full field rate displays include cameras, DDRs, still and title graphics, and network computer sources. Integrated multi-view monitoring capabilities allow you to select from assorted views and send all on-screen monitors to a second display to enlarge your workspace.
- 3) PROGRAM MONITOR shows the current video output of your live production, allowing you to see what your audience is seeing.
- 4) LOOK AHEAD PREVIEW MONITOR displays your upcoming video output. Preview the composite result of all currently delegated video layers as they will appear when taken live, then switch with confidence.
- 5) ONE-BUTTON INTERNET STREAMING allows you to use Adobe® Flash® or Microsoft® Windows Media® to deliver a full HD live stream directly to the Web, with simultaneous archive for later viewing.
- 6) ONE-BUTTON RECORDING captures content from your live production at full resolution (up to 1080p). Record your entire presentation for later use or capture clips for DDR playback during the show.
- 7) LIVE PRODUCTION SWITCHER gives you total control over all 24 channels, including eight external video sources, eight virtual mix/effect channels, five internal digital media players, two external network inputs, frame buffer and black. Assign custom names to switcher sources for added personalization.
- 11) MAIN TRANSITION CONTROLS provide you with the tools to transition individual or multiple video layers on and off screen. Select the Transition Delegate button of the desired video layer or layers, then use manual or automatic controls to perform single-source transitions or switch from one multi-source composition to another.
- 12) LOCAL TRANSITION CONTROLS allow you to individually configure and control transitions affecting the three primary video layers. TriCaster 850 features more than 200 broadcast-quality HD effects to add interest and impact to your live production.
- 13) HD LIVE VIRTUAL SETS allow you to achieve the look of expansive, professional sets in limited space, using proprietary NewTek LiveSet™ technology. TriCaster virtual sets allow you to change shots virtually for each video source connected to the system. The Animate Zoom function lets you transition from close-up, to medium, to medium-wide, to wide angle shots in real time, without moving the camera or changing the set in any way. Sets also include double box effects and options for stand-up and one or two presenters.
- 15) DIGITAL MEDIA PLAYERS include two DDRs for video playback, a titles bin, a stills store, and a sound player, making it easy to add video clips, music, images, and more to your production or insert clips captured during a live event for immediate playback. HD and SD resolutions are supported in a variety of popular file formats.
16) LIVE TITLES make your production look like a network broadcast. You can bring in graphics, titles, and animated overlays to layer on your live video, lock a title or bug to a camera or Virtual Input, and set the in and out motion for each. Title pages can be edited even when they are displayed live.
TriCaster™ 850 Specifications
TriCaster™ 850 CS Specifications
For Live Productions:
For Post Productions:
On April 10th, Powerball celebrated their California debut by holding their drawing at the California Lottery headquarters in Sacramento. PacSat commissioned Beyond Pix to provide the live production support, including multiple cameras, switching and personnel. Check out some pictures of the shoot and our newly remodeled Mobile Control Room.
Every year, Stanford alumni congregate in Palo Alto to celebrate their alma mater and honor the school’s history. Homecoming weekend is filled with events such as tours, panels, social gatherings, sports events, and various speakers. One of the most anticipated events is the Stanford Roundtable, in which a panel of distinguished Stanford alumni are brought together to discuss a topic of their expertise at centercourt in Maples Pavillion. This year, the topic was Gray Matters: Your brain, your life, and brain science in the 21st century.
To help capture the cerebral discussion, Stanford brought in Beyond Pix and frequent collaborator Express Media to provide cameras, live switching, and video engineering. The five camera high definition shoot was switched live in Beyond Pix’ mobile broadcast trailer and recorded to HDCam tape for later broadcast on PBS. The seven member Beyond Pix crew, headed by Production Manager Sean Karlin, arrived at Stanford Maples Pavilion by 9:00pm on Friday, October 5th, to start the set up. Due to an earlier NCAA Volleyball game on Friday we could not get in any earlier. The crew worked through the entire night to run wiring and communications systems to and from each of the five cameras, set up the trailer, and verify that everything was working perfectly. The live show started at 9:00 am and concluded at 10:30am.
The show was switched live with Beyond Pix’ Tri-Caster switching system. All five cameras were recorded ISO with either Key-Pro or Folsom Image Pro HD digital recorders. Audio was recorded separately by Stanford Video technicians directly to a ProTools system. A video feed of the live switch was down converted to SD and routed out from the trailer back to the large LCD screens in the arena for the audience. A video feed was also routed to two external workstations for encoding and streaming of the live webcast. The webcast can be seen here.
After a long night and a successful morning, Beyond Pix left the arena with their brains both fried and enlightened!
To Celebrate Life 2011
In October 2011, Beyond Pix Studios donated it's services to the "To Celebrate Life Foundation" for the second consecutive year, to help celebrate the courage of breast cancer survivors at the annual "Stepping Out To Celebrate Life" fundraising event at the Marin Civic Center. Beyond Pix donated crew, equipment and it's Mobile Control Room to help put on a great show, which included a hosted dinner, fashion show and live auction... all with the theme "James Bond: A Night to Bond". The event was a large success, but the greatest success was the smiles and inspiration brought by the fashion models, all of whom are actual breast cancer survivors.
And the Emmy goes to....
When the San Francisco/Northern California chapter of The National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences needs on-location services for their annual Emmy Award Show, be assured they have the ultimate broadcast quality expectations. Just as the previous year, Beyond Pix was awarded the task and commissioned to provide FCC standards multi-camera television coverage of this showbiz extravaganza.
The objective was to Webcast the program to a delighted audience around the world and this year more than 20 countries in four continents tuned in online to witness the live event. And that’s just what Beyond Pix delivers with its Mobile Control Room, a trailer with full spectrum broadcast quality or Webcast capabilities that delivers the reliability and convenience of a permanent studio, but on wheels.
The trailer performed extremely well serving as the technical operations center for all the cameras, communication systems, audio mixing and as the Internet/Webcast distribution hub as well as facilities for all the social media updates. The mobile studio comes with full SDI 10–bit signal flow, and thanks to our partners at Key Code Media, we included a Tricaster TCXD850 to ensure the complex management of the multiple video and audio feeds, with over 50 winning clips, 15 produced clips and 100 unique graphic elements.
The fully HVAC climate controlled Mobile Control Room is spacious enough to comfortably house the entire control room crew, including the director, technical director, audio engineer, graphics, web technician and the producing staff.